Friday 28 March 2014

Revlon Parfumerie Review

Whilst on a recent trip to Meadowhall, browsing the aisles of Boots - as you do, I spotted these new releases from Revlon and was instantly intrigued.

What first attracted me to this product wasn't the colour, or the fact that it is a scented nail polish, it was the cute little shape and design of the bottle- obviously based on vintage perfume bottles, but at the time I was oblivious to this huge selling point. All I could think was how cute they would look sat on my nail varnish shelves and that was enough to make me pick up a bottle or two.





I bought two different colours the first 'Surf Spray' a metallicy light blue colour and the second 'China Flower' which is quite a bright pink colour.  The formula and brush size are both just OK.  With the Surf Spray I needed 3 coats to get the colour how I wanted it to look, however the application was easy enough i.e easy to control how much product is on the brush/ easy to 'stay in the lines' so to speak.



As for the scent. I have spent all day sniffing my nails - how odd must I look, I don't even know I'm doing it. It does have some sort of smell to it- a bit blueberry-esque.  For most of the day I couldn't decide if I was just inhaling toxic fumes but after asking the family to have a good sniff as well the overall opinion is - yes they smell a bit different to nail polish.  Why would anyone want their nails to smell?  Who knows.



I've only tried Surf Spray for now, so I'll report back on China Flower's smelliness another time. My friend picked one up at the same time as me, a gorgeous green colour 'Lime Basil' - yeah the name put me off it as well.  She's said her nails smell that bad that it was making her feel a bit sick- trying to eat some toast was difficult without getting whiff, so choose your scents wisely girls.  I suggested putting on a top coat - something I hadn't done as I wanted to test out its scent, however she had done this- twice, and she claimed it had made it worse.

Would I buy any more? Probably, if only for the cute little bottle, but I am kinda intrigued after my friends little disaster what other smells are sat there waiting to be sniffed.

Have you tried any of these yet?  what is your favourite/worst smell?

Lizzy xx


Update : I've had this polish on for a few days now and there's not one sign of a chip. May have something to do with me having a week off work but either way, it is still rather impressive.

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to decide whether I want these or not...is it wrong to want something just for the pretty packaging?!
    Great post, new followed on bloglovin' & GFC :)

    Sarah xx
    www.coloursofautumn.com

    ReplyDelete