Wednesday 27 November 2013

Hair Issues and Bumble and Bumble Mending Masque

Yesterday me and my friend made the trip up to Newcastle for a day of Christmas shopping - I say Christmas shopping, I'd actually finished all of mine but it was my excuse and we we're sticking to it.

I picked up quite a few new buys which I'm sure I'll mention on here soon but the first thing I've tried and want to tell you about is Bumble and Bumble's Mending Masque.


My hair (sigh) is just ruined.
A year ago I had long brown locks - always on the thin side, well extremely thin side, but long none the less. Throw in a super jealous short haired hairdresser, and a few bottles of Loreal Preference Lightest Blonde hair dye and I now have super short, even thinner, snaps at any occasion, blonde hair.   I didn't actually realise how bad my hair was until my Summer holidays.  It was SO SHORT.

I haven't died my hair since the beginning of August - I'm getting away with just a few sprit'z of John Freida's lightening spray to touch up my roots every now and again. I'm pretty sure if I put any more dye on my head I'd be bald.  I've also been trying really hard not to straighten my hair and just use my Friz-Ease serum to sort the ends out.

I've been using a lot of Lee Stafford breaking hair products, and I know that they have been helping, I've also been using his miracle oil heat defence spray for when I blow-dry, yet still my hair seems to be moulting more than my cat does.

Bumble and Bumble is a brand that I've heard over and over again but never ever tried.  After a bit of research I knew I wanted to try the masque and I think I might also give the mending complex ago but couldn't afford both in one go!

It retails at £29.00... pricey I know.. but its got to that point where I will try anything.  I picked mine up from John Lewis, however I did spot it in Boots afterwards and I didn't know they stocked it. I then had a little sulk that I'd missed out on a few boots points.

Bumble and Bumble claims to be an "intense repair, the must have weekly treat for truly damaged hair.  Tired and distressed hair will be left with renewed strength and shine."

You use this after shampooing and leave it on for 10 minutes.  Yes, this is a long time, but its only to be used once a week so I think I can just about make enough time.



At first I was really disappointed with this product.. I think for £29 I was actually expecting a miracle, however throughout the day my hair has felt thicker, it hasn't knotted at all and I can't stop combing my fingers through it - something usually I'd avoid like the plaque.

I know from this that it has done something to my hair, and I am really excited to see how it lasts and the results from using it a few more times.

Do you know of any good hair repair products?  Or have any tips you can give me to fix my snapping straw scarecrow head?

Lizzy
xx
















0 comments:

Post a Comment