Wednesday 20 November 2013

The purple lip. My favourites.

Anyone who knows me will know I love a good purple lip, and have done for quite a while now.  My collection of purple lipsticks has expanded somewhat since my first experience of the plummy tone.  I wanted to share with you my top 5 purple based lipsticks,  there's a couple of surprises in there that you may not have tried before.




First up is an obvious one.

Kate Moss for Rimmel in No4.
Most of you have probably got your hands on this shade at some point.  I really love the Kate Moss for Rimmel lipsticks.  They are possibly my favourite high street brand. They apply really easily, and last a long time and they work really well with the Rimmel Lipstick Lock, which has became an essential to every night out.  The formula is a lot better than others eg Lipcote as it doesnt alter the texture of the Lipstick at all, with Lipcote if you apply it with a matte lipstick it just makes it all cloggy and lumpy and horrible whereas Rimmel's its absolutely fine and stays on almost all night! anyway... back to the lipstick:

I like this purple shade as it is the darkest one I own so when I'm really wanting to vamp up my look its perfect. I'll definitely be using this more with the winter nights.

Second, I'll get the obvious out of the way first..

Mac - Rebel.. need I say more?



Next up is an absolutely lush holiday purchase of mine and its Marc Jacobs LoveMarc Lip Gel in No 130 Little Pretty. 

I was lucky enough to go to the launch of Marc Jacobs Beauty Range while I was in Las Vegas, and Marc himself even showed up! While I was there I picked up this lipstick and a gorgeous nail varnish which I'll post about another time.  I love this lipstick colour, its very similar to another one in this list that I'll get to next. The LoveMarc lipsticks are so shiny and long-wearing.  This shade, when you look at it, has a slight sparkle to it and what you could describe as glitter, but when you apply it this just makes the colour stand out and make it that bit more special.  I bought this for $30, which is on the pricey side for a lipstick however I was in Vegas, at the Marc Jacobs launch, with Marc Jacobs - I had an excuse.  I would definitely treat myself to another shade if I had the chance because I love it so much.

My last two lipsticks were a bit of a shock to me.  I've had these two lipsticks in a white tube? anyway, for ages and I always always end up using these two colours when I can't decide what to go for.  One of them the brand has rubbed off and I've never really paid attention to where they were from.. until now.

Avon. My two absolute favourite lipsticks are from good old Avon.  I was amazed, more amazed when I went onto their website, 1 to find that they still sold both shades - SCORE. The other to find that they were a mere £2.50.  I've literally just ordered nearly every colour of them and I'm waiting in anticipation for the post man.

So why do I love them?  They are so creamy and so easy to apply and the colour is so pigmented and they last.  I've never had any problems with them being too dry on my lips and I've worn them at all times of the year.

The shades that I have them in are Deluxe, which is more on the darker purple side, and Intimate.  Both of them are from Avon's Colortrend range.  Intimate is my all time favourite shade for a lipstick.  Its more on the pinky side but still more of a purple.  Its my go to shade in the summer, in fact I'm wearing it in my Blogger profile picture. For anyone who loves a good purple lip, but sometimes feels its too dark for the Summer months, this shade is perfect all year round. I've just bought another one as mine is running low, and god forbid I ever lost it! I can't rave about them enough, especially for only £2.50.

Wearing Intimate Avon Colortrend.


From Left (watch) to Right - (that was more for my benefit not yours.. useless!) anyway..
Kate Moss No 04, Avon Colortrend Deluxe, Mac Rebel, Marc Jacobs Little Pretty, Avon Colortrend Intimate.

Do you have any favourite purple Lipsticks that I haven't mentioned? or any secret 'highstreet' beauties you just keep going back to?

Lizzy
x



0 comments:

Post a Comment