Sunday 10 November 2013

Eye Make Up Remover .. High Street V High End

Ever since I was introduced to Benefit's They're Real mascara many moons ago, I've been on the lookout for an eye make-up remover that is up to the job of getting every last bit off my lashes.

 Panda eyes are fast becoming my morning trend. I've tried a few different wipes but all of them still left me waking up with lovely black rings around my eyes.

Today I'm reviewing one high street brand and one higher end. I've never been one to spend a lot of money on removing my make up. I've always just used face wipes and then looked after my skin with my Clinique 3 step. I have to admit the thought of splashing out more money on a product to use before I even start to cleanse and moisturise kind of irritates me slightly, which is why I'm on a mission to find a good high street alternative.

 My high street brand is Nivea Daily Essentials Double Effect Eye Make Up Remover £3.59, and my higher end is Macs Pro Eye Make-up Remover £15


Nivea's Double Effect claims to have a two-phase extra strength formula:  An oil phase which removes waterproof mascara and an aqueous phase which protects and cares for the eye lashes without leaving an oily residue. 

This product was a lot better than I was expecting.  It got every last bit of my make-up off, my eyes didn't feel irritated, all my lashes stayed in place however there was the tiniest of oily residue left.. which isn't the greatest thing in the world but for the results and the price I could easily live with that. 

Macs Pro Eye Make-up Remover claims to lift off make up without smudges or tears and removes waterproof mascara.  It contains cucumber extract to soothe and hydrate the skin.

The Mac remover got all the product off my eyes however it left my eye lids sore and on my first use my eyes got really red and irritated.  There definitely is no oily residue however I think it is too harsh and I felt the need to apply some eye cream to soothe my eyes.  Mac do say on their website that for extra moisturising and conditioning of the eye to apply their fast responce eye cream after use... Not something I'm really looking for with my remover is to have to buy yet another product to accompany it.  
I have tried to use this product for a few days, mainly because of the money I paid for it, I dont really want to waste it but I just can't get away with it.  My eye lids are getting more sensitive and I manage to lose an eyelash each time I use it. 

I tried to take some photos of my eyes after its first use however the lighting wasn't the best. 



I would definitely recommend my high street option.  It did its job perfectly and for a fifth of the price! 
Does anyone else have any favourite eye make up removers? or any other high-street options that they swear by? 

Lizzy 
x




1 comment:

  1. Great review! Definitely going to try this out now you mentioned it ;) Great beauty blog btw! Would you like to follow each other? If so just let us know ;) xx

    www.junkjournal100.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete