Thursday 7 November 2013

Benefit Erase Paste V Seventeen Phwoarr Paint

One thing you should all know about me is that I am a diagnosed benefit addict.
Me and Benefit go together like chicken and stuffing, Cara and Burberry, Posh and Becks... you get my point.

Benefit's Erase paste £19.50 has been a staple in my daily make up routine for as long as I can remember.
Once my face gets a bit of sun I have an unfortunate cluster of freckles that appear right under my eyes,  they easily get mistaken for dark shadows. I look like I've been living at a festival for an entire summer.

So when I read Talking about M's review claiming that Seventeen's new product was better than Erase paste I knew I had to get my hands on it.

Erase paste is a pinky creamy concealer that brightens under the eyes and hides dark circles. It comes with a small spatula to apply which I always use.  I love how much it hides my freckles/ 'dark circles' and my friends always ask what I use that brightens that area up. My only problem I have with it is that if I'm not careful, and don't check a mirror throughout the day, I can end up with 2 big black circles under my eyes where my mascara has smudged into it. I've recently been setting it more with my powder and this has helped but when I'm going for that dewy finish its a bit of a nightmare.

Now onto Phwoarr Paint £5.49... It definitely fits in well with Seventeen's re-branding.  The packaging and consistency of the product is a lot like Benefits Boi-ing - a concealer I never use for under my eyes.  Application of Phwoarr paint I found did take longer compared to erase paste which kind of just glides on and stays there. I had to build the product up to cover the dark circles and although it covered them well, I did feel like the brightness was slightly less and the dewiness was definitely missing.  I set this concealer the same way I do with Erase Paste and I had no mascara smudges all day.

So.  Erase Paste- application is easier, brightens better and can leave a dewy finish but also leaves mascara smudges at the end of the day

      Phwoarr Paint- application is a bit tedious in comparison, no dewy finish but there is no mascara smudges at the end of the day.

For the price difference phwoarr paint is definitely worth a sneaky purchase.  I didn't hate it and I have used it a few times since I've bought it.  If ever money is tight and your in need of covering them dark circles, or freckles in my case.. you cant really go wrong with it, however my heart still and probably always will lie with Benefit.




2 comments:

  1. Great post! I've never tried Erase Paste but it sounds like a fab little product! I think I need to give it a try :) xx

    www.missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both these concealers, Erase Paste is definitely my favourite but it's far too expensive to repurchase so I'll be sticking to Phwoarr Paint for now :) x

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete