Monday 18 November 2013

Sunday Treats

I popped out with a friend to do a little bit of Christmas shopping this Sunday, but of course I had to get a few little treats for me.

I actually didn't go overboard for once in my life and only picked up two things- hurrah!

Firstly, while buying a million Christmas bath bombs for my friends from Lush, I picked up the Tea Tree Water £3.95.  I've heard about this off a few people, and at only £3.95 it won't be the end of the world if I don't see any difference.

It claims to 'come to the aid of skin that has emergencies.'  It says it is a wonder antibacterial, antiseptic and antimicrobial ingredient for anyone with oily or spot prone skin.

My skin isn't the greatest.  If I don't moisturise I suffer from a dry forehead, however sed moisturiser doesn't help my oily nose. It's a constant battle that I always appear to be losing.  I bought this toner not for help with spots but to try and combat my oily nose.  After using my Clinique 1 + 2 step I sprayed this onto my face and left it soak in for a few minutes before applying my moisturiser.  I was dubious about how well this would work, but I have woken up with a visibly less oiler nose than normal - gross I know.  It will be interesting to try it  before applying any make-up and see if oiliness is kept at bay.



The second thing I picked up was Quick Fix Facials Exfoliating Scrub Mask for Blackheads and Blocked Pores £5. This was an impulse buy.  I don't even know if I have even read reviews on this but the packaging looked appealing and they had about 4 different masks and this one sounded perfect for me.  I picked this up from my local Tesco.  It has just had a big makeover- primarily to install a gym ( ruins the whole Krispy Kreme thing now though) however the beauty aisle is also now a dream, its like its own mini beauty department store - also very dangerous for me as I go there almost every day eeeek.

This is a Pink Rose Clay mask which claims to help deep cleanse and de-congest the skin .  It has Glycolic Acid which is effective at balancing out uneven skin tone and Pomegranate extract which has antioxidant and anti-ageing properties to encourage radiant skin.  It is targeted at stubborn and reoccurring blackheads, clogged pores and skin in need of a deep and thorough clean.

I love this mask.  I used it on Sunday night, and sat while watching old episodes of Made in Chelsea, probably left it on a bit too long as I was once again caught up in the Caggie/Spencer will they wont they, even though I know.. they wont. Anyway, loved it.  Once on my skin it hardened, as expected.  It was still easy to wash off and left my skin so soft and smooth, with absolutely no signs of oiliness.  I couldn't stop stroking my face.

I think out of one tube you would probably get about 3 generous masks.  which is great value for money.  I am going to try and do a face mask  every Sunday, as they are something I rarely use, but know I should.

Ps. please ignore the bags under my eyes, I've had three 7 am starts at work this week and it is starting to show.. boooo

Do you have any great face masks you would recommend?

Lizzy
xx


0 comments:

Post a Comment