Sunday 17 November 2013

E.l.f Haul

I've always been one to browse elf but never actually buy anything... Until now...

A late night browse the other week.. And a 40% off code (wowee) resulted in a little elf haul.

I really wanted to try some of their eye shadow so I purchased the Festive Little Black Beautybook £8 and the Baked Eye Shadow Pallet £10
I was really disappointed with the little black book.  The colours aren't pigmented and it took a lot of effort to get to a colour I was happy with.   I like the idea of a little black book and it's great for travelling ... If it had the right product inside of it.
 



The baked eye shadow pallet was a different story.  It applied really well and with my Mac 217 brush the colours blend like a dream.  It's perfect for everyday wear.  I've only ever applied it with Benefit's Stay Don't Stray as a primer and it has lasted all day.  I can't comment on its longevity on its own.   The packaging of this is great too.  It's compact enough to take away and the large mirror is an added bonus!



I've been eyeing up the Urban Decay Black Market 24/7 set, so for now I thought I'd try some Elf alternatives.  I bought the Shimmer Eye Liner Pencil in Grassy Green and Plum Passion.  At only £1.35 each I thought these were a great alternative, they are quite creamy and apply really easily.  They're great for trying out new eye make up ideas without breaking the bank.  I also loved that they came with a sharpener on the lid, this is great for me as I am always battling with blunt pencils and sharpeners never seem to want me to find them!



My last bits I ordered were some new blushers.  I've recently bought Mac's Saint Germain lipstick and fell in love with its wintery pink colour, I've been on the hunt for a winter pink blush to accompany it.

I bought Elf's Baked Blush in Peachy Cheeky £3.75 and Studio Cream Blush in Flirt £5.85 .

The baked blush unfortunately  is more of a highlighter than a blush.  It is really illuminating and shimmery.



The cream blush is something I've never tried before but I thought it would be good to try especially for the winter months.  The colour is a bit too much of a bright pink for what I was looking for but it did last all through my Tapas feast and a few drinks with friends.  It is on the pricey side for Elf, however I did have 40% off and buying it qualified for free delivery so it kind of paid for itself...




My first experience with Elf was kind of 50/50.  I would buy from them again but probably only with a discount if it was on products I'd never tried before as I found it a bit hit or miss with what I bought.

Do you have any elf favourites?
Lizzy
xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment