Sunday 30 March 2014

March Favourites

This month has seen a few cheeky new additions to my make up collection, along with a couple of rediscoveries that I've now started to love.  I like nothing better than finding an old gem you forgot you had, or finding a need for something you've always had but never used.

My first March Favourite is a couple of Mac  eye shadows.

On a trip up to Newcastle to visit my sister I obviously made a pit stop in Fenwicks basement.  I was buying a quad for my best friend for her birthday but also had to pick up a new eye shadow for my palette. I really didn't know what colour I wanted and was recommended to try "Satin Taupe".  It would never have been a colour I'd of ever thought to buy until it was pointed out to me but as soon as I saw it I knew it was the one I was missing.  It's the perfect crease colour and really compliments a range of different colours.



My next favourite  "Amber Lights", a shade I've owned for a while now but have never been able to get to grips with, goes so well with Satin Taupe its like they were made for each other,  I now wear Amber Lights most days where before it never got to see outside of my make up drawers.  On their own both colours are quite scary looking but together they are a match made in heaven, and so easy to work with, even if your not very confident with eye shadows you can't really go wrong with this duo.

Mac seems to be a running theme throughout this favourites, apologies but is has been a very Mac month.
Two Lipsticks are next on the list, both Mac.

The first one I has been on my radar for a very long time, previously limited addition, and then only available in America, it has been on my friends shopping list for me, for her approaching NYC trip for months... that is until that day in Fenwicks, I was just casually browsing the lipsticks, when I notice this purpley shade that I know I don't own ( which I immediately find odd as I own like every purple shade going) Then it hits me, could it be, could it actually be?  YES IT COULD.  I picked it up and saw that name on the base "Heroine" IT WAS FINALLY HERE IN MY HAND. I squealed slightly and ran to tell my sister, who obviously bought one as well.  It's just so beautiful and bright and purple and matte and gorgeous and summery and lush.  I have dubbed it my holy grail of lipsticks.



Next up is a limited addition.  Mac's new Viva Glam Rihanna.  Now usually I'm not one to jump on a bandwagon, and that's how I normally look at the Viva Glam releases, however the money from them does go to a very good cause! I was actually buying a blush when my friend pointed it out at the counter, one small phrase off the assistant "If you don't get it now they will go, we've only got a few left" and I was sold.  The packaging just makes me so happy - I sound so sad I know but it is just beautiful, the colours not bad either, a blue based red with a frost finish.  I'm not really a huge red lips fan however this is perfect and the frost finish means it can be as subtle as you like.


 



I've had a really good month for lip products, and another has made my favourites.  It's by a brand called 'Lime Crime' and it's their Velventines collection in the shade "Suedeberry".  This formula goes on liquid but dries completely matte.  Its amazing, its so bright and long lasting and it just looks really different from anything I've ever used.  The colour is also what attracted me to it, as much as I love a purple lip, I love a coral lip just as much. Just search for the hashtah #suedeberry on Instagram and you'll see why I was drawn to it, I picked mine up from Amazon, as I think they are US only, but it got here fine with no nasty shipping charges.




Lastly a few random favourites.

Malteaser Bunnies.  Oh how happy am I that these are back.  I appear to be becoming slightly addicted, it doesn't help that they always appear to be on some kind of offer to buy two of them.  But they are just so cute and yummy, and also, Malteasers aren't that bad for you.. right?

Gossip Girl.  Yes, recently I watched the entire gossip girl from start to finish in about the space of two weeks.  I had never watched it before - why I don't know,  but I just have two words... Chuck. Bass.  What a beautiful human being.  Also I am now constantly dreaming of a life on the Upper East Side.   It will happen... One day.


0 comments:

Post a Comment