Friday 21 March 2014

My Daily Haircare

My hair is in a pretty bad way at the moment.  As you may have read before, I used to have really long brown hair.  Fast forward a year and I had bleach blonde short snapped off hair.  Now, well my hairs still blonde, but I've embraced the 'rooty' look underneath and its gradually getting to a more natural blonde colour and slowly but surely growing an inch or two.

I've always had thin hair, and not a lot of it at that so going blonde probably wasn't the brightest of ideas but it was a gradual thing, my hair was fine until one little mishap and a holiday to LA and Vegas.  Apparently peroxide blonde and a desert don't really go very well together.  Anyway its getting there, it's not snapping off any more, I haven't dyed it for eight months, and I can tell the quality of my hair underneath is in much better nick.

Before my little hair disaster I never really cared for my hair as well as I should have.  So at least something positive has come from it.  I have a few products that I use daily, and really do feel each one has made some sort of difference to the condition of my hair.



Shampoo and Conditioner.

I wash my hair almost every day - I know I know this is really bad but my hair gets so greasy and I wake up with the worst bed heads! nothing else helps.  I also find that when I don't wash it the ends are too dry and straw like and it just looks horrible.  I switched my shampoo and conditioner about a month or so ago and picked up the TIGI Bed Head Dumb Blonde Shampoo and Re-constructor.  I'd heard good things about TIGI and initially wanted to try the S Factor range but it was sold out, then I found this.  Specifically aimed at hair like mine. It smells lovely - strawberries and cream, and I like how the re-constructor is a different colour to the shampoo as it really feels like there's something in there working on my hair.  My hair is definitely in better condition since using this, it feels stronger and definitely doesn't snap any where near as much as it used to.  I bought the salon size bottles 2x750ml in a twin pack for only £26.95 from Feel Unique.  It is such good value, I'm not even half way through them yet.

Leave in Treatments
Before I blow dry my hair I use a few products.   The first is Redken Extreme Anti Snap Treatment £15. This provides my hair with heat protection, reduces the friction from brushing and it hleps to prevent breakage and split ends.  Again I do feel like this has made a difference to the strength of my hair, and I can tell when I am brushing it that there is less hair snapping off.

Next I use the Bumble and Bumble Mending Complex £25.50. This claims to seal the cuticle for sustained repair, shine protection and fly away control.  Its a similar formula and consistency to the Redken Anti Snap I just find that I only need a tiny amount.  Along with this I also treat my hair weekly with their mending masque.

Heat Defence
Just before I blow-dry I give my hair a good spritz of the Lee Stafford Argan Oil Heat Defence Spray £12.99. This is a heat defence spray with a pro-argen complex.  Not entirely sure what that means, but its extra protection, it smells nice, and apparently will leave my hair that bit shinier.

Brushes
This I think is the main reason why my hair is in a better condition.  Before I used a wide paddle brush, then I used a simple comb.  Both would collect up snapped hair on a daily basis.  Now I use Tangle Teezers.  For when my hair is wet I use the Tangle Teezer Aqua Splash £13.99.  I can brush through my hair easily when it is wet, with no damage to my hair or any strands pulled out.  For brushing through dry hair I use the Tangle Teezer Compact Styler £12.49.  I found the compact styler easier to handle and also, as usually on a morning I'll be dealing with my hair wet it made more sense to pick up a brush that I can keep in my hand bag.

Finishing
I don't straighten my hair these days, so to finish it off and calm those dead strawy ends I use the John Freida Secret Agent Perfecting Crème.  I can't seem to find a link to this any more, however there is something similar on the Boots website.  This is a shame as I used to use a Charles Worthington frizz cream and that was discontinued, now it looks like I'm going to have to find another alternative.   I just run a pea size amount through my hair particularly on the ends and it smooths out any frizz and keeps it straight.

Do you have any hair products you love?  Or any ideas to help get my hair back to a healthier condition?

Lizzy
xx


0 comments:

Post a Comment