Thursday 20 March 2014

Mothers Day Gift Ideas

Mothers Day is slightly later this year - helpful as at least we have another pay day.

I wanted to find a few ideas and websites to help you find the perfect gift for your Mum.

For the make-up loving Mothers out there I always think a palette is a lovely gift. There are a few knocking about that I certainly have my eye on.

The Nars At First Sight Cheek and Eye Palette £45 is stunning.  It contains a blush and a bronzer in the famous shades Deep Throat and Laguna and then 4 eye shades.


Laura Mercier has a similar offering with the Enlightenment Eye and Cheek Palette £42.40 Equally as stunning.  Both perfect for travelling and both gorgeous gifts.  I know for my Mum its very rare she would splash out on herself, and would just settle for drug store alternatives so I think its nice to give that more luxurious gift. 



Another great idea, which I recently just got for my friends birthday is to create a Mac Quad £46.  Creating it yourself makes it more personal and more thoughtful.  You've just got to make sure they don't already have the shades! - easier said than done in some cases. 


Not On The Highstreet is one of my favourite websites for those special, interesting gifts. Here are a couple of my favourites:

Personalised Mothers Day Papercut Print £35.  You can personalise the names and choose from a number of colours to suit different interiors. 




Personalised Little Mum Kit £12.50.  This is a little box containing words and objects to celebrate a wonderful mother.  It's a cute little idea, extremely thoughtful, and cheap on the purse strings. 


 


Finally, the obvious and fool proof is Flowers.  A lot of you may not know that Next actually do a flower delivery service and the prices are really reasonable.  I've had their flowers before and they've always been good quality and long lasting. Prices for a standard bouquet start from about £26 - £30 and delivery is only £3.99 or for Mothers Day Sunday £6.99.  Moonpig also do lovely flowers, and I have used them before, however they aren't offering Mothers Day delivery, which is a shame.



0 comments:

Post a Comment